Last Updated: Dec 01, 2021
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, company, title as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
So when we say “Personal Data,” we mean any data that could directly or indirectly be used to identify you or your household, ranging from (for example) your name and email address to the IP address of your device(s) and the location from which you access this website.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- If you are an employee or contractor of one of our customers, we may use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Please keep in mind, however, that no method of transmission over the internet, or any method of electronic storage, is perfectly secure.
BASES OF COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
We collect information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We consider information such as answers to surveys, comments, ideas, and suggestions (in each case, which do not contain Personal Data) to be non-personal and do not classify such as Personal Data. Except as otherwise provided by applicable contracts with our customers or a third party, we are free to disclose and use such data or information without any obligation.
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA and UK
International transfers of your Personal Data
If you’re in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom, we ensure protection of your Personal Data when it’s collected, transferred to, and stored outside the EEA or United Kingdom.
Some of the third parties to which we may disclose your Personal Data (discussed above) might be in a location outside the EEA or United Kingdom. In this case, we use certain legal mechanisms to ensure that the protection afforded your Personal Data is the same as the protection provided within the EEA or the United Kingdom, as the case may be.
Depending on the scenario, we use one of two mechanisms to achieve this protection: the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses or the EU-US Privacy Shield program and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield program (the “Privacy Shield”).
We will retain your contact information, including your name and email address, as needed to provide our services to you. We may retain data, including Personal Data, in encrypted format held on back up media or other back up storage for disaster recovery purposes pending routine erasure cycles, and log files held for security reasons for longer.
For additional questions on this topic, please contact us using the information contained in the “Contact” section below.
LOCATION OF DATA
We store all the data collected through our website and data added to it in the US. Refer to Data Processor section in this policy for further details
For data collected through Skan.ai website, Skan Inc will be the Data Controller. We do not have a subsidiary or a representative in the EEA as we process personal data ‘occasionally’, only to the order of few hundred data subjects globally in a year. Considering the limited nature, type and quantum of our data collection, we believe our processing is unlikely to result in high risks to the rights and freedoms of natural persons whose personal data we process. However, we have implemented required technical and organizational measures to protect the data collected and stored.
We work with certain service providers that act as Data Processor for the data collected. If you would like to enquire about our Data Processors and categories and details of data shared, please write us at the contact provided in contact section.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Depending where you live, you have certain rights related to your Personal Data. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing the Personal Data in question. Please note that these rights are also subject to local data protection laws and regulations, and that these rights do not apply in all situations.
You may have rights as follows:
- Right of access. You have the right to know what Personal Data of yours we are processing.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to update, correct, or supplement that Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to delete or erase your Personal Data from our systems.
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to request that we limit how we process your Personal Data.
- Right to object. You have the right to oppose our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we provide you with the Personal Data that we hold about you in a structured, machine-readable format. Under this right, you may either request that we provide the Personal Data directly to you, or you may request that we provide the Personal Data directly to a third party designated by you.
For more information about how to exercise your rights and options, please contact us using the information contained in the “Contacting Us” section below.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
According to the criteria set forth by CCPA, we currently do not meet any of the criteria. We collect information only from those individuals interested in our products meant for enterprises when they choose to be contacted. However, if you would like to reach out to us, please refer to contact section below.
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right to request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
You are entitled to ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to the personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. We may share personal data and aggregated or de-identified data for business purposes such as stated in CCPA. However, under some circumstances, a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within our family of companies, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, refer to respective vendor’s websites.
Skan Inc does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website and Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Website and Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through the Website and Services, please contact us.
NOTICE TO END-USER AND OTHER EXCLUSIONS
Our Service(s) are intended for use by enterprise customers (Subscriber). Where the Services are made available to an End-User through a Subscriber, the customer is the Controller of the End-User’s Personal Data. In such a case, the End-User’s data privacy questions and requests should be submitted to the Subscriber in its capacity as the End-User’s Controller. If the End-User is an individual who interacts with a Subscriber using Our Services, the End-User will be directed to contact Our Subscriber for assistance with any requests or questions relating to their Personal Data. We are not responsible for Subscribers’ privacy or security practices which may be different from this notice. Subscribers to Our Services are solely responsible for establishing policies for and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements, or other obligations, relating to the collection of Personal Data in connection with the use of Our Services by End-Users.
101 Jefferson Dr
Menlo Park, California 94025
General enquiries should be written to Team@skan.ai
To exercise your data protection rights, use email@example.com